Tyson Parent Advisory Committee Mission Statement
Tyson Elementary Parent Advisory Council represents a friendly, welcome and open forum between parents and staff. We provide support for positive educational experiences.
- Goal # 1 - For parents to have the opportunity to participate in the school life of their children.
- Goal # 2 - Unite parents and teachers by fostering positive communication.
- Goal # 3 - Nurturing community involvement by providing various opportunities.
2021 - 2022
- CHAIR: Avonlea Collins
- VICE-CHAIR: Samantha Clarke
- TREASURER: Steffanie Boswell
- SECRETARY: Vicky Falk
- DISTRICT PAC REPRESENTATIVE: Samantha Clarke
- FUNDRAISING: Deirdre O'Connor
Our school has an active Parent Advisory Council which helps enrich your child's education and helps you become involved in the school. The PAC organizes fundraisers for the school, discusses school board policies, student safety, and any other concerns you may have regarding your child's school. All parents of Tyson students are automatically members of Tyson PAC, and we encourage all parents to attend our meetings, get involved in activities, and support our great school! Any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
2021 - 2022 - PAC Meeting Schedule (all meetings are at 6:00 pm in the library)
At Tyson Elementary, there are many ways to get involved as a volunteer at school. Volunteers are needed in the Library, in classrooms, at special events, for field trips, to support sports teams, etc. A form to request volunteers and to outline areas for which you may volunteer is sent home each school year. You will also be asked to complete a free Criminal Record Check (through the RCMP) which is kept on file. Please contact the school if we missed you. Volunteer Drivers must have a completed Drivers Abstract (free through ICBC) and Volunteer Driver Authorization form on file at the office.