Tyson Parent Advisory Committee Mission Statement
Tyson Elementary Parent Advisory Council represents a friendly, welcome and open forum between parents and staff. We provide support for positive educational experiences.
- Goal # 1 - For parents to have the opportunity to participate in the school life of their children.
- Goal # 2 - Unite parents and teachers by fostering positive communication.
- Goal # 3 - Nurturing community involvement by providing various opportunities.
2022 - 2023
- President: Jennifer Geng
- Vice President: Jennifer Liebowitz
- Treasurer: Rebekah DenHollander
- Secretary: Vicky Falk
- DPAC Rep - Allyson Hockin
Our school has an active Parent Advisory Council which helps enrich your child's education and helps you become involved in the school. The PAC organizes fundraisers for the school, discusses school board policies, student safety, and any other concerns you may have regarding your child's school. All parents of Tyson students are automatically members of Tyson PAC, and we encourage all parents to attend our meetings, get involved in activities, and support our great school! Any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS
The Constitution and Bylaw (C&B) Committee has completed a review of our current Constitution and Bylaws. The C&B are our rules for governance and should reflect the goals and priorities of the PAC members. Every parent or guardian of a Tyson student is a member of the PAC. A new, amended version of the C&B has been made and posted here. It was also sent out to parents and guardians via email. Any changes have been highlighted. A proposal shall be put forth at the September meeting, after which, a general vote will take place to approve these changes.
At Tyson Elementary, there are many ways to get involved as a volunteer at school. Volunteers are needed in the Library, in classrooms, at special events, for field trips, to support sports teams, etc. A form to request volunteers and to outline areas for which you may volunteer is sent home each school year. You will also be asked to complete a free Criminal Record Check (through the RCMP) which is kept on file. Please contact the school if we missed you. Volunteer Drivers must have a completed Drivers Abstract (free through ICBC) and Volunteer Driver Authorization form on file at the office.
- Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 6 PM - Special meeting to discuss the amended Constitution and Bylaws
- Tuesday, October 18, 2022 at 6 PM - Regularly scheduled meeting
- Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 6 PM - Regularly scheduled meeting (virtual option available)